The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has opened its portal for the third and final phase of selection.
This window allows last year’s KCSE candidates who have not selected their choices for universities and colleges for this year’s intake to submit applications.
The exercise will close on Saturday, July 8, 2023.
Students who submitted their applications in May and June this year during the revision periods but missed placement to their preferred courses are also required to revise their choices again, at no cost.
Applicants can confirm their placement by checking their student’s portal for a message from KUCCPS.
The message will indicate whether they have provisionally secured a chance or not. Candidates who have secured provisional placement are not required to reapply.
Those students who have not been placed have received an SMS notification
The placement drive also targets those who sat their KCSE in 2022 and previous years but have never applied to join universities, TTCs, technical and vocational training (TVET) institutions.
Details of 2022 KCSE candidates who should take part in 2023/2024 KUCCPS Third Revision of Courses are available HERE Third revision 2023-2024.
Those who have secured provisional placement should wait for KUCCPS to complete the placement process. They will be provided with details of their courses and institutions by September 2023.
In the 2022 KCSE examination, 869,782 candidates received their results. Of those, 696,655 (80.1%) attained mean grades ranging from C to E, qualifying for artisan, craft, and diploma courses offered in TVET institutions. The remaining 173,127 (19.9%) scored C+ and above, qualifying for placement in degree programs.
According to Dr. Agnes Mercy Wahome, the Chief Executive Officer of KUCCPS, President Ruto’s Bottom-up Economic Transformation Agenda (BETA) will create numerous employment opportunities in the five priority sectors. Therefore, it is necessary to equip students with adequate and relevant skills by encouraging them to enroll in TVET institutions.
KUCCPS selects KCSE graduates for placement at all levels of higher education, including artisan, craft, diploma, or degree. With any KCSE mean grade, a secondary school graduate can log into the system and find a course that suits their grade.