Parents are currently in a state of anxiety as they endeavour to identify the optimal schools for their 2023 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) candidates, who are poised to join Form One next year.
Many parents aspire to transfer form one students from the schools initially assigned by the Ministry of Education to institutions they perceive as academically superior.
To initiate the transfer process, students are required to complete an online transfer form and provide pertinent details.
Requirements for transferring Form One placements:
- One must have received a placement.
- Possess an admission letter, obtainable online.
- Endorsement of the admission letter by the primary school headteacher.
- A copy of the birth certificate.
Procedure for transferring Form One secondary school placements:
- Visit the portal: Form One Placement Change.
- Select your county.
- Choose your sub-county.
- Enter your KCPE index number.
- Click the submit button.
- Download the admission letter and have it endorsed by the primary school headteacher.
- Submit the stamped admission letter to the desired school.
- The school principal must log in to the NEMIS portal to complete the transfer process.
- Approval of the transfer may take up to three days.
- If the transfer is not approved promptly, seek assistance from the county education office.
The transfer process applies solely to Form One students who have not yet been admitted. Form Two and Form Three students must use a different transfer form, available for download.
- Ensure accurate selection of the county where the candidate sat for the KCPE 2023 to avoid errors.
- Confirm the availability of open spaces for admission at the desired school before initiating the transfer process for a smoother and more expedited experience.