The government of Kenya developed the Government Human Resource Information System (GHRIS) portal, an online platform that enables its employees to access and download their salary Payslips conveniently .
GHRIS Portal has improved efficiency and convenience, allowing individuals to download their Payslips whenever they need them.
This service is available to all civil servants, including teachers, military officers, county employees, medical employees, and Kenya administration police officers, both at the County and National Government levels.
To register for GHRIS, you need to provide the following information:
- Personal Number
- National ID card Number
- KRA PIN
- Surname of the applicant
- First name of the applicant
- Mobile number
- Personal email
How To Register For GHRIS
- Visit the official site www.ghris.go.ke and click on the “Government of Kenya” employee icon located at the top left corner of the page.
- You will be directed to the login page. Click on “New to Ghris? Register here” located below the login button.
- Fill in your personal details, including personal number, National Identification number, KRA pin, email, and create a strong password. Then, click submit. If you don’t have certain details yet, you can enter N/A, except for the National ID number and KRA pin.
- The information you provide will be validated against the ministry’s records. If there are any discrepancies, you can contact the Human Resource manager in your ministry/department.
How To download salary Payslip from GHRIS portal
- After successfully signing up for your GHRIS account, return to the login page and sign in using your user ID (personal number used during registration) and password.
- Once logged in, you will see all the information regarding your current and past payslips on the left side of the page against a blue background.
- Click on the desired year of the payslip you want to download. A scroll-down menu will appear; select the month and click on “view payslip.”
- The payslip will be displayed. Click on “download payslip” and proceed to print it.
Forget your GHRIS password, How to Reset
- If you are unable to log in due to an incorrect password, you can choose to reset it and receive a new one.
- However, you will need access to your email or phone to confirm your identity since a confirmation code will be sent to either of them.
- On the login page, at the bottom left of the “log in” button, click on “forgot password.”
- It will open the “Reset Password Form.” Fill in all the required information and click “Submit” at the bottom.
- Log in again using your new password.