KUCCPS inter-Institution transfer portal allows students to apply for and change the university/ college in which they have been placed by the placement agency.
Steps For Applying For KUCCPS Inter-university Transfer
- Go to the KUCCPS website at http://student.kuccps.net.
- Log in to your account using your KCSE index number as the username, ‘2022’ as the ‘KCSE year,’ and your KCPE index number or birth certificate number as the password.
- Click on the ‘Transfers’ tab at the top of the page and follow the steps below.
- STEP 1: Select the program you wish to transfer to and enter the program code in the inter-institution transfer field. You can proceed only if you meet the cut-off points and other minimum requirements for the specific course at the institution.
- STEP 2: Provide a solid reason for the transfer. The main reasons for transfer include medical reasons, financial reasons, person with disability, not my preferred program, or other (please specify). Attach any relevant supporting documents and explain the reason for initiating the transfer in a statement of 300 to 600 words. The next page will load automatically after completing all fields.
- STEP 3: Make a non-refundable transfer fee payment of Sh 1,000 to KUCCPS via M-pesa. Follow the indicated procedures in the current window to make the payment. After entering the M-pesa confirmation code, the system will validate the payment and automatically proceed to the next step.
- STEP 4: The receiving institution will review your application and consider the availability of space in the course you applied for. They may endorse or reject your request.
- STEP 5: If your application is accepted by the receiving institution, the releasing institution will most likely endorse your transfer.
- STEP 6: After both the releasing and receiving institutions approve your transfer, the placement service will review your application.
- STEP 7: Once KUCCPS has reviewed your application, you will need to download the transfer letter, which you will present to the receiving institution during the admission process.
- Inter-institution transfer is conducted online, and no physical application forms need to be submitted.
- Inter-faculty transfers or changes of course are handled by the respective institutions (universities/colleges) and not by KUCCPS.
Payment for 2023/2024 KUCCPS Inter-university Transfer
- The application-processing fee is Ksh 1,000 per application.
- You will be prompted to enter the M-PESA transaction code at the point of submission. Keep the transaction code safely as it may be required later.
- Do not make any payment before being prompted or after the application deadline has passed.
- Once you have submitted your application, you can monitor its progress through the student’s portal.
All application fee payments to the Placement Service MUST be made to M-Pesa Pay Bill No. 820201.
Be cautious of individuals posing on social media or other platforms claiming to assist with the transfer process. The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.