If you are a student in Kenya who is applying to a university or college through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), one of the most important aspects you need to understand is how to calculate your cluster points. This is because your cluster points will be one of the primary factors that determine which institution you will get admitted into.
Knowing how cluster points are calculated is vital to making educated decisions about your university education because they play a significant role in determining which courses and universities you are qualified to apply for.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the process of calculating your KUCCPS cluster points step by step, so you can approach the application process with confidence.
How to calculate KUCCPS cluster points
- If you find the formula for calculating KUCCPS student portal cluster points to be difficult, don’t worry because the calculation process is done automatically by the portal.
- Whenever you apply for a course, the portal will automatically calculate your cluster points.
- Once you access the portal, you can check if you meet the requirements for the course or not.
How To Apply for Courses Via KUCCPS Portal
- To access your KUCCPS student portal account, go to students.kuccps.net.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to provide your KCSE index number. The year you took the KCSE exam should be entered next. Enter your birth certificate number where it asks for a password. However, if you do not have that information handy, your KCPE index number will suffice.
- Once you have logged into the portal, navigate to the ‘Courses/Programs’ section. First, choose the category under which the desired course appears, and then pick it by clicking on the title.
- The screen that appears after course selection displays the necessary cluster points (for all subjects of the selected course), a list of related courses (with a key that symbolizes the concerned college), and the course codes of all courses available at the chosen institution.
- After deciding on a program of study, the next step is to submit your application fee via Mpesa.