Safaricom is widely recognized as one of the largest telecommunications providers in Africa, offering a diverse range of products, including the globally acclaimed M-Pesa.
Becoming a Safaricom subscriber is a simple process that involves purchasing a Safaricom SIM card and fulfilling the necessary registration requirements.
In mid-2022, Safaricom initiated a nationwide SIM verification/update exercise in compliance with the guidelines set by the Communication Authority of Kenya.
This exercise aimed to update the SIM details of all subscribers across the country, with the objective of combating cases of identity theft.
How to Update Safaricom Sim Card Details
To update your SIM card registration details via SMS, follow these steps:
- Dial *106# on your mobile phone.
- Select option 2 for ‘Self SIM registration Update’.
- You will receive an SMS containing a link for self-registration.
- Open the SMS and click on the provided link to access the self-registration page.
- Go to the Safaricom Portal by visiting www.safaricom.com/account/kyc-upload.
- Enter the phone number for which you want to update the details.
- You will receive a ONE TIME Password (OTP) which you need to enter to proceed.
- A list of all phone numbers registered under your name will be displayed.
- Select the phone numbers that belong to you and that you are familiar with, then click “Next”.
- Upload clear and properly cropped pictures of both the front and back sides of your ID.
- Ensure that the focus is solely on the ID section in the pictures.
- Click “Verify” to continue.
3. Via Mysafaricom App
- On the home page of the mySafaricom App, you will find a notice to verify SIM details.
- If you can’t locate it, go to the Account page and click on “Update SIM Registration Details”.
- Follow the aforementioned steps and provide the required details.
- Verify your numbers.