The Cabinet Secretary for Education, Ezekiel Machogu, is scheduled to officially release the 2023 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exam results today at KNEC Headquarters in South C.
A staggering 1.4 million pupils sat for the examination across more than 28,000 examination centers.
The subjects covered in the exams included English, Mathematics, Kiswahili, Science, and Social Studies, along with Composition and Insha for English and Kiswahili.
To access the results, parents or guardians are required to send an SMS to 40054, using the student’s index number, through any mobile network provider in the country.
How to check KCPE 2023 results via SMS:
- Open a blank text message.
- Type the full 11-digit KCPE number followed by the word KCPE (e.g., 50167345023KCPE). Ensure there are no spaces between the index number and the word KCPE.
- Send the message to the KNEC SMS number 40054.
- After a short while, you will receive a text message from KNEC containing your results. Each SMS sent will cost Ksh25.
The results can also be accessible on the KNEC website.
For those preferring to download KCPE 2023 result slips from the KNEC Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official KNEC website: https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/
- Locate and click on the KCPE Results tab.
- Select the year you sat for the exams.
- Enter your index number.
- Click the Submit button.
- Your KCPE results should be displayed on the screen after a short processing time.
- The system will be accessible at the end of the official release of the results.
The results will be available at the schools where the candidates registered for their exams. Candidates or their representatives can collect the results from the schools shortly after the official release.