The National Youth Service (NYS) has announced Vacancies for volunteers both men and women who are willing to join National Youth Service.
According to what our team observed in the local newspapers, the service has announced that it is employing both men and women who are willing to volunteer to join the National Youth Service (NYS).
“The Service is set to recruit volunteer servicemen and women into the Service. Interested candidates are advised to attend the exercise in their specific Sub-County as indicated in the Advertisement.” Reads in part a notice released by NYS Director General James Tembur on April 25th 2023.
Part of the announcement stated that the exercise would begin on April 15 and would continue until it concluded on May 19, 2023 according to the requirements and dates schedule that are provided below.
READ ALSO; How to Book Huduma Center Appointment Online
The notice stated that orphans with appropriate documentation (such as a death certificate or burial permit) will be given priority.
This also shows that those with disabilities who are physically and mentally capable of undergoing the paramilitary training can do so in their particular counties and recruitment centers.
Requirements for NYS Volunteers
- Age requirement ranges from 18 to 34 years old, and a national identity card is required as proof of age.
- A Kenyan citizen who resides in the respective Sub-County is required to apply.
- Must have a robust conduct record and academic credentials, such as a KCSE passing mark of D plain and above.
- Prepare to undergo a medical examination both before and after the actual recruitment process.
- Willing to provide free services to any part of the country that the nation needs them in.
Those who are chosen for the National Youth Service Paramilitary Training Course will receive invitations to report to NYS college, NYSTTI Naivasha and Gilgil on specific dates.
NYS is against corruption in any form. Attempting to gain admission using improper means, such as canvassing or offering financial or other inducement, might result in disqualification.