The Teachers Service Commission(TSC) has cleared air on why the online recruitment portal for application of July 2023 Primary and JSS teachers’ vacancies in not working.
A cross check by Kenyadailypress.co.ke found out that there was heavy traffic at the TSC recruitment portal making it difficult for eligible to submit their applications.
The commission on Wednesday, July 5 announced 20,000 positions for intern teachers for both Junior Secondary Schools (18,000) and Primary Schools (2,000).
Those placed in primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Ksh15,000 while those in Junior Secondary Schools will get Ksh20,000.
The internship targets unemployed registered teachers who will be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching, and exposure to practical teaching experience.
How to apply for TSC Internship Vacancies
- Open a web browser and go to the TSC website using the link http://hrmis.tsc.go.ke.
- On the website’s menu, look for the option labeled “Careers” and click on it. Then, select “Teachers/Secretariat” from the dropdown menu.
- Once on the Teachers/Secretariat page, locate and click on the option that says “Apply for Teachers Internship Position.”
- A screen will appear where you need to enter your TSC number, ID number, and mobile number. Choose your selection, either primary or secondary, by clicking the dropdown menu. After entering the required information, click “OK.”
- You will receive an SMS from TSC on your mobile number. Type in the SMS code you received and click “OK.”
- On the displayed screen, click on “Apply/View” to proceed with your application. Fill in all the required details accurately.
- Choose the reference (Ref) from the dropdown list as shown. Fill in any other details that are not auto-filled and click “OK.”
- Click the button labeled “+Click here to apply a school.”
- Select the subjects, county, sub-county, and school from the respective dropdown menus. Once you have made your selections, click “OK.”
- You can apply for several vacancies by repeating steps 8 and 9 for each desired school.
- When you have finished applying for all the desired vacancies, a pop-up screen titled “Job Application” will appear. Click on “Yes” to submit your application.