The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is set to kick off nationwide promotion interviews of primary school teachers early next week.
The primary objective of these interviews is to fill 36,505 promotion vacancies, which were advertised in September this year
The primary school teacher interviews are scheduled to take place from the 4th to the 15th of December 2023.
The first phase will involve C1 teachers competing for 10,819 slots for the Senior Teacher II (C2) position in regular schools and 700 slots in special schools.
For the December promotion interviews, the Commission has outlined the required documents to be presented:
- Original National ID Card
- Original Academic and Professional Certificates
- Letter of appointment to the current Grade
- Letter of appointment to the current post (where applicable)
- Analyzed individual subject results in KCPE/KCSE Examinations for the last three years, certified by TSC County Directors/Sub County Directors.
- Performance Appraisal Reports for 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Any other relevant testimonials supporting your performance
Approximately 150,000 primary and secondary school teachers have been shortlisted and issued interview letters to vie for the 36,505 vacancies.
Secondary school teacher interviews are scheduled for next year, running from the 3rd to the 16th of January 2024.
C2 teachers will compete for 3,040 slots for Senior Teacher I (C3) in regular primary schools and 346 slots in special schools.
C3 teachers will be targeting to fill 1,930 slots for the Deputy Headteacher II (C4) position in regular primary schools.
Deputy Headteachers in C4 will vie for 1,049 Headteacher positions in C5 for regular primary schools and 30 for special schools.
This interview process is unprecedented, featuring a record number of teachers ever shortlisted for promotion by TSC.