The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) will today November 1, 2023 introduce digital teacher registration certificates, marking a substantial shift in the way teachers access their certification.
Under this new initiative, successful teacher registration applicants will receive digital certificates that include their unique TSC numbers.
Physical certificates will no longer be issued; instead, educators will have their digital certificates delivered to their respective email addresses.
This transition aligns with the global trend of digitization and the reduction of paper-based documentation, making it easier for teachers to access and manage their registration certificates.
Teachers will be required to download and print the digital version, providing them with readily accessible proof of their registration status.
The teaching community has wholeheartedly welcomed this change, as it not only simplifies the process but also diminishes the risk of losing or damaging physical certificates in a world that’s increasingly embracing digital solutions.
In a time characterized by growing digitalization, experts and educators view this TSC initiative as a progressive and forward-thinking move.
The digitalization of registration certificates will undoubtedly enhance the quality of education by granting teachers easy access to their essential documentation, streamlining administrative procedures, and ultimately benefiting both teachers and students throughout Kenya.
Under the Teacher Service Commission Act 2012 Article 237, the commission is mandated to register all qualified teachers before they can engage in teaching at any public or private school.
The TSC online registration process is typically conducted through their online platform, and upon successful registration, teachers receive a registration certificate containing their TSC number. Follow these steps to complete the online TSC certificate registration:
- Visit the TSC service portal.
- Click on the “registration/activate the account” tab.
- You will be directed to a new page where you need to fill out the registration form. This involves entering your personal and employment details, which may include your TSC number, full name as stated on your National ID, ID number, KRA Tax PIN, date of birth, and other relevant information.
- Create a new password for your account and confirm it. This password will be used for logging into the system.
- Attach scanned copies of the required original documents where applicable.